Sunday, March 04, 2018

A is for… Altravelalphabet 2018

Hey everybody! Last February me sweet bunny buddy Dušana hosted the Altravelalphabet again. Remember last year? Me had so much fun participating and learning new words that have to do with mental health and traveling. Me loved it so much me blogged about is last year. Do you want to read it? Just follow this link: A is for… the Altravelalphabet. Take your time… me can wait… *dumdiedumdumdum nomnomnomnom COOKIES… dumdiedumdumdum* Have you read it? GOOD! Than now read this one. Because just like last year me repeating the new words and pictures here in a blog. (pictures of the bunnies by Altravelbunny and pictures of me by Berry)


A is for Absquatulate. It old English and means ‘to leave without saying goodbye.’ It a bit of a sad word. Me always try to say goodbye.
B is for Brumous. Also of English origin. It means ‘of grey winter days and heavy fogs’. The term can also be used to describe a sad mindset. Well… on cold and dark wintery days me make me own sunshine by pretending me is elephant.


C is for COOKIE and for CARE BEARS and for COMMUOVERE what is Italian for heartwarming and things that stirs and moves you. Well hugs and cookies do stir me heehee. Thanks Dušana for teaching us this beautiful word.
D is for Dérive which is French for ‘to drift unplanned led only by the landscape or architecture’. That what Dušana taught me today. Me love to wander or coddiwomple through the flowerfields in Springtime with me friends!


*no Cookie Monsters were harmed while taking this picture*
This year in the Altravelalphabet E is for Eleutheromania. It Greek and it means ‘the intense desire for freedom’. Me thinks this old pictures says enough, right?
F is for Flâneur. It French, in Duthc we also say Flaneren. It means: to stroll aimlessly but enjoyably enjoying your surroundings. Like coddiwompling… Most of the time we in the Netherlands use the verb flaneren when you walk on the promenade aloung the beach… that why Coral, Texal and Beachie insisted on this picture for this word.


Next up is G is for Gigil. This Filipino word can be described as the feeling you get when you see something extremely cute and cuddly. Like Me! Hihi. Well… me felt totally Gigil when me saw the baby polar bears!
H is for Health. Well, cycling is good for your health, physically and mentally


I is for Imagination. Me thinks this picture says enough, right. Me love playing make belief!
J is for Jaunt which means ‘going on a short excursion or trip’. Me love doing that and me and Berry go on jaunts all the time… of course when we do, we coddiwomple too!


K is for Kindness. In the dictionary it says it means the quality of being friendly, generous and considerate. Me love to be kind to others and momma nature. That why me try to clean up the beach and such whenever me can.
L is for Longing. Me always long for cookies and ofcourse for traveling. Hihi.


M is for Menu. That sounds nommy! Me love trying nommy stuff of the menu.
N is for Nemophilist. It means one who is fond of forests or forests scenery. O yesss. Me love trees. They are great for climbing. Hihi.


O is for Onism. It means knowing how little iof the world you will experience. Well… me do know that, but that no mean me no can enjoy all the things me do experience.
P is for the Latin word Peregrinate. It means to travel or wander around from place to place. This collage seemed the most fitting.


Q is for the Spanish word Querencia which means the place where you are your most authentic self, where strength is drawn and where you feel most at home. Well me is me most self when me is with Berry so… nuff said right>
R is for Reisfeber or travel fever. It Swedish and means the restless race of the travellers heart before the journey begins.


S is for Selcouth. That means strange or uncommon, the way things are seen while traveling being out of the ordinary and unexpected in a good way.
T is for Trouvaille. It means finding something lovely by change. It a French word, the picture is taken in France too.


U is for Unusual, uncommon or not normal. Something that does attract attention.
V is Vorfreude in German. In Dutch we say voorpret. It means looking forward to the fun ahead.


W is for Wandelen! Hey That Dutch! It means hiking or strolling. Me love it!
X is for Xhaketë. It Albanian for jacket or blazer. Does a vest count too?


Y is for Yoko Meshi. It Japanese for the stress of speaking a foreign language. *literally it translates to ‘a meal eaten sideways’* Well is sometimes stressful to talk with me animal friends. Although me always try to communicate. Is that Yoko Meshi too?
It the last letter of the alphabet and also the last post for the Altravelalphabet. Z is for Želje. It Hvatstka for wishes. Me wishes all me friends love, hugs, cookies and fun. Also me with the Altravelalphabet will return next year because me looooove sharing pictures and learning new words!!!

Well that concludes this year’s Altravelalphabet. If you want to know more go to you Instagram account and search for the hashtag #altravelproject. And for more words about travel go and look for #altravelalphabet. It a very fun challenge!

Until next time!

1 comment:

Hope Friend said...

HI Cookie!
I'm so happy you archived these words that Dušana taught us! I like your Spanish Q word with the photo of you and Berry. hehehehe...

xoxo HOPE